Monday, June 20, 2011

Peach Festival

For a while now, I have been talking about having a booth at the annual Peach Festival in Ruston, Louisiana. I'm participating in the Arts and Crafts Show held in the Civic Center between 8 am to 6 pm Saturday only. Admission is $5. It's neat to see all the artisans and their handmade arts and crafts. The festival is this coming weekend and I'm trying to do lots of stuff this week to get ready for it. Lately, I haven't had the energy to do much painting or even blogging.  Expecting a baby can really drain you! It is Monday and I am realizing ALL the things left to do to prepare for the festival. I still want to paint a few more pieces before Saturday. I always do my best work when I'm in a time crunch...but that was before there was a baby on the way. My plan is to be VERY productive this week.  My booth will be right outside the Civic Center so please stop by to say hello and check out my artwork! Hope to see ya there!

JUST A LITTLE ABOUT THE PEACH FESTIVAL....
The festival  includes approximately 200 artisans and vendors of all types, both at Railroad Marketplace and at the Ruston Civic Center. Railroad Marketplace is open Friday-Saturday; the Civic Center, Saturday only. There is a parade, antique cars, a rodeo, tennis tournament, 5K run, cookery contest and more. It is a lot of fun for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment