Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm Back!

I'm back! It has been a LONG time since I posted anything so let me explain why. My last post left off in  Summer 2011.  I was full force into painting and waiting for my little bundle of joy to arrive. Isabelle came a month early, which completely caught me off-guard. For the past TWO YEARS  I have felt  like I have been playing catch up on everything. Let me share a quick recap of my past two years. I stayed home with Isabelle for the first year. During that time, the hubby and I decided it would be best if  we parted ways, very amicably might I add. Then, I decided to go back to school to get certified to teach art. So when Isabelle turned one, she began Mother's Day Out  so I could do schoolwork during that time. I put my artwork on the back burner for a little while. Of course, I was having "creative cravings." I needed to do something creative and artsy before my mind exploded with swirls of colors and doodles. That's when I started sketching lots of ideas for future projects.  You can quote me now, "I will write and illustrate at least one children's book." It may not get published, but by golly, I am going to do it!  I have had an idea for a series of books featuring some cute characters and their silly adventures. I will not reveal any more details, but hopefully in the next 5 years I can get this project going. So now, Isabelle is back in MDO, I am back in school (graduate in May, YAY), and my creative juices are flowing! I have several ideas just waiting to be painted so as soon as they are ready, I will share them with you. I am so excited to be back to blogging and painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment